Terms and Conditions
“Equilacq Concepts” used herein shall mean: Equilacq Concepts (Pty) Ltd, any division of Equilacq Concepts (Pty) Ltd and/or any of its branches, franchises, associated entities, successors in title or assigns to whom these Terms and Conditions are applicable.
“Customer” used herein shall mean the Applicant as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions: –
(a) represent the entire Equilacq Concepts trading conditions and no alterations or additions may be affected unless agreed to by both parties, reduced to writing and signed by the Customer and a duly authorized representative of Equilacq Concepts.
(b) will govern all future contractual sales relationships between the parties whereby the Customer purchases goods or services from Equilacq Concepts;
(c) are applicable to all existing debts between the parties;
(d) are final and binding and are not subject to a suspensive or dissolutive condition;
(e) expressly exclude any conflicting conditions stipulated by the Customer;
(f) supersede all previous conditions without prejudice to any securities or guarantees held by Equilacq Concepts and
(g) apply to all servants, agents and subcontractors of Equilacq Concepts.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges that he/she has read and understood each term of this agreement and accepts them as binding and acknowledges that the content reflects the true meaning of both parties and that this agreement has been entered into for the benefit of both the Customer and Equilacq Concepts.
3.1. The Customer agrees that neither Equilacq Concepts nor any of its employees will be liable for any negligent or innocent misrepresentations made to the Customer nor shall the Customer be entitled to resile from any contract on those grounds.
3.2. It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to determine that the goods or services ordered are suitable for the purpose of intended use.
- All prices remain valid for a period of 24 hours from the date of being published or quoted until the date of issue of a new price, whichever occurs first. The validity of any price is subject to availability and to any increases in the cost price, including currency fluctuations, of Equilacq Concepts before dispatch of goods.
4.1. The Customer hereby confirms that the goods and services on the Tax invoice issued duly represent the goods and services ordered by the Customer at the prices agreed to by the Customer and where performance / delivery has already taken place that the services and goods were inspected and that the Customer is satisfied that these conform in all respects to the quality and quantity ordered and are free from any visible defects.
4.2. Any delivery notes or waybill or job card (copy or original) signed by the Customer or a third party engaged to transport the goods and held by Equilacq Concepts shall be prima facie proof that delivery was made to the Customer and are in accordance with the quality and quantity reflected thereon.
4.3. All orders and variations to orders are subject to these terms and conditions. Only written orders and variations to orders will be accepted by Equilacq Concepts. This notwithstanding, Equilacq Concepts may, at its sole discretion, elect to accept and act upon telephonic orders and any variations to orders. Equilacq Concepts however reserves the right to refuse delivery or collection of any order until placed in possession of a written order form and until all amounts outstanding are paid for in full.
4.4. Equilacq Concepts shall be entitled to split the delivery of goods ordered in the quantities and on the dates, it decides with the prior consent of the Customer, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
4.5. Equilacq Concepts shall be entitled to invoice and deliver each order separately.
4.6. The risk of damage to or destruction of goods is passed to the Customer on signature of the delivery receipt upon delivery to the Customer or the Customer’s nominated representative and the Customer undertakes to insure the goods fully, until paid for in full.
4.7. In the case of repairs undertaken by Equilacq Concepts appropriate Distribution Partners, repair times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Equilacq Concepts; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Equilacq Concepts. Equilacq Concepts shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any unforeseen costs and/or delayed repairs.
4.8. Equilacq Concepts is hereby authorized to engage a third party on its behalf and on the terms deemed fit by Equilacq Concepts to transport all goods purchased.
4.9. If the Customer chooses to engage in its own third party to transport the goods, the Customer indemnifies Equilacq Concepts against any claims of whatsoever nature that may arise from such an agreement.
4.10. Delivery, installation, commencement and performance times given are merely estimates and are not binding on Equilacq Concepts. Equilacq Concepts warrants that it will use its best endeavor’s to meet such delivery times; time is not of the essence of this agreement unless expressly agreed upon in writing by Equilacq Concepts. Equilacq Concepts shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which the Customer may suffer as a result of any incorrect or delayed delivery, tampering of installation, commencement or performance.
4.11. No goods are invoiced out for evaluation, approval or on a demonstration basis by the Customer, such goods are deemed as sold.
4.12. No goods taken on consignment; such goods are deemed as sold.
4.13. The Customer acknowledges all copyrights and shall not duplicate copyrighted material and that each attempt will immediately render the full prevailing price payable to Equilacq Concepts.
- New goods are protected according to the manufacturer’s product specific warranties only and all other guarantees and warranties including common law guarantees are hereby specifically excluded. Services carry no guarantee.
5.1. Liability under clause 5 is restricted to the cost of repair or replacement of faulty goods or services or granting of a credit at the sole discretion of Equilacq Concepts, depending on the assessment outcome from its Distribution Partners.
5.2. No returns will be accepted without acknowledgment of a Return Request. A Return Request must be sent via email to the sales person that assisted you with your purchase. The subject line of your email must include the Tax Invoice number that the goods were invoiced on, and a full fault description must be completed in the body of your email to enable our Distributions Partners technical department to test and verify any fault. An acknowledgment will be emailed to you confirming receipt of your Return Request.
5.3. All defective merchandise returned to Equilacq Concepts must be returned with all cables, power supplies, accessories and documentation etc.
5.4. Equilacq Concepts is not responsible for the cost of returning any products to Equilacq Concepts offices. For your protection, please insure the package and ship via a traceable method. Equilacq Concepts is not responsible for lost or damaged packages.
5.5. If any of the above conditions are not met, Equilacq Concepts reserves the right either to refuse the return, or to charge a restocking fee of not less than 25%.
5.6. Acceptance of Products: Equilacq Concepts shall conduct incoming acceptance inspection as soon as possible on receipt of products.
5.7. Warranty: Equilacq Concepts sole obligation is to represent its Distribution Partners, who will repair or replace the defective product, depending its assessment outcome. There is no warranty for uninterrupted or error-free operation. There is no warranty for loss of data. We recommend that you regularly back up the data stored on your product to a separate storage product. There is no warranty for product with removed or altered identification labels and/or serial numbers. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the bar code sticker will void the warranty, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased. This clause shall not be used to imply that Equilacq Concepts shall be obliged to accept the return of any goods. The warranty is contingent upon the proper use in the application for which the product was intended, and does not cover a product which has been modified in any manner, and /or has been subjected to physical damage, abuse, misuse, alteration, neglect, tampering, improper maintenance, or has been serviced, repaired, installed by unauthorized personnel.
5.8. Data Recovery is not covered under the warranty and is not part of the warranty process. Technical departments of Equilacq Concepts Distributions Partners offer standard data recovery services. Price will be quoted on request.
5.9. Products for Exchange or Credit: Product purchased directly from Equilacq Concepts may be returned for exchange, excluding any shipping charges, within 7 days from invoice date. All merchandise returned to Equilacq Concepts must be shipped in the original sealed packaging, in the same condition as sold, with all cables, power supplies, documentation, etc. A credit will be issued at the sole discretion of Equilacq Concepts and is dependent on the condition of the items returned. A handling fee of 25% will be charged for any returns after 7 days from date of invoice, and Equilacq Concepts reserves the right not to credit or exchange any items returned after 14 days from date of invoice. Goods not returned in its proper condition, in original packaging with all accessories and manuals intact will be deemed sold. Even accidental removal and re-attachment of the bar code sticker will void the warranty, as it will no longer be possible to verify exactly when that individual item was purchased. This clause shall not be used to imply that Equilacq Concepts shall be obliged to accept the return of any goods.
5.10. Products for exchange exclude any “Special Request Items “which cannot be returned under any circumstances, unless faulty.
5.11. If items are credited, it will be at the lesser value between selling price and current market price, and in addition, handling fees specified in point 5.9 above will apply.
5.12. Equilacq Concepts will request copies of original invoice documents when a product is older than 24 months. Products will not be tested, repaired or replaced until such documentation has been received.
5.13. The customer hereby agrees that any item handed in for repair may be sold by Equilacq Concepts to defray the cost of such repairs if the item remains uncollected within 30 days of the repairs being completed.
- No claim under these terms and conditions will arise unless the Customer has, within 7 days of the alleged breach or defect occurring, given Equilacq Concepts 30 days written notice by prepaid registered post to rectify any defect or breach of contract.
- The Customer agrees to pay the amount on the Tax invoice at the offices of Equilacq Concepts
(a) cash on demand; or
(b) if the Customer is a Credit Approved Customer, within the terms as reflected on invoice and/or statement issued by Equilacq Concepts.
- The Customer has no right to withhold payment for any reason whatsoever and agrees that no extension of payment of any nature will be extended to the Customer and any such extension will not be applicable or enforceable unless agreed to by Equilacq Concepts, reduced to writing and signed by the Customer and a duly authorized representative of Equilacq Concepts.
8.1. The Customer is not entitled to set off any amount owing to the Customer by Equilacq Concepts against his debt.
- The Customer agrees that the amount due and payable to Equilacq Concepts may be determined and proven by a certificate issued by any independent auditor. Such certificate shall be binding and shall be prima facie proof of the indebtedness of the Customer.
9.1. Any printout of computer evidence tendered by any party shall be admissible evidence and no party shall object to the admissibility of such evidence purely on grounds that such evidence is computer evidence.
- The Customer agrees that interest shall be payable on any moneys due to Equilacq Concepts at 2.5% above the Prime Overdraft rated quoted by First National Bank Ltd., which interests shall be calculated on a daily balance and capitalized monthly from the date the moneys fell due to payment. A certificate under hand of any manager of the First National Bank Ltd shall be prima facie proof of the interest rate charged nor shall it be necessary to prove the signature or capacity of such manager.
- The Customer agrees that if an account is not settled in full
(a) against order; or
(b) within the period agreed in clause 8 above in the case of a Credit Approved Customer; or if the Customer commits a breach of any of these conditions, or being an individual, is provisionally or finally sequestrated or surrenders his estate, or being a partnership, is being dissolved, or being a company or close corporation is placed under a provisional or final order of judicial management or liquidation, or compromises or attempts to compromise generally with its creditors or if an order in terms of section 65 of the Magistrates Court Act 32 of 1944, as amended is issued against the Customer, or if he commits or permits any act that may prejudice the rights of Equilacq Concepts; then in any of these events Equilacq Concepts may in its sole discretion either;
(i) entitled to immediately institute action against the Customer at the sole expense of the Customer; or
(ii) cancel the agreement and take possession of any goods delivered to the Customer by giving the Customer written notice to that effect; or
(iii) claim damages. Furthermore, Equilacq Concepts shall be entitled to immediately suspend any delivery or service while the Customer is in breach of any of the terms of any contract between it and Equilacq Concepts. In the event of a breach and without restricting or revoking any other rights Equilacq Concepts may have in law, Equilacq Concepts shall have the right to claim from the Customer the following costs: if payment by cheque is referred to drawer for whatsoever reason, an amount of R130.00 excl VAT per affected cheque; if default necessitates the telephonic contact of the debtor by Equilacq Concepts, an amount of not more than R80.00 excl VAT per call; if default necessitates a personal visit by Equilacq Concepts, an amount of R100.00 per visit; Cost for issuing a Letter of Demand at R250.00 excl VAT; subject to the maximum costs recoverable in terms of the Magistrates Court Act 32 of 1944 as amended, Attorneys Act 33 of 1979 and Debt Collections Act 114 of 1998. These remedies are without prejudice to any other right Equilacq Concepts may be entitled to in terms of this agreement or in law.
- The Customer hereby consents, in terms of Section 45 of the Magistrates Court Act of 1944 as amended to Equilacq Concepts instituting any proceedings arising out of this contract in the Magistrates Court for the district of Rondebosch otherwise having jurisdiction in terms of Section 28 of the Magistrates Court Act notwithstanding the fact that such proceedings are otherwise not within the jurisdiction of that court. Equilacq Concepts however reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to institute any action arising from this agreement in the High Court of South Africa.
12.1. The Customer hereby waives the benefits of the legal exceptions of non numeratae pecuniae, non causa debiti, de errore calculi, de duobus vel pluribus reis debendi, review of accounts and no value received and hereby declares himself to be fully acquainted with the meaning of this waiver.
12.2. In the event of any default by the Customer of any provision of this agreement, the Customer hereby consents and authorizes Equilacq Concepts to furnish the name, credit record and repayment history of the Customer to any credit bureau as a delinquent debtor.
- In the event of cancellation, the Customer shall be liable to pay
(a) the difference between the selling price and the value of the goods at the time of repossession and
(b) all other costs incurred in the repossession of the goods. The value of repossessed goods or retained pledged goods will be deemed to be the value placed on them by any sworn valuator after such repossession and such valuation will be prima facie proof of the value.
13.1. The Customer indemnifies Equilacq Concepts completely against any damage whatsoever relating to the removal of repossessed goods.
13.2. If any goods supplied to the Customer are of a generic nature and have become property of the Customer by operation of law (confusio or commixtio) the Customer shall be obliged on notice of cancellation of the agreement to retransfer the same quantity of goods in ownership to Equilacq Concepts.
- All goods supplied by Equilacq Concepts remain the property of Equilacq Concepts until such goods have been fully paid for.
- The Customer shall be liable to Equilacq Concepts for all legal expenses (including collection fees) on the attorney own client scale incurred by Equilacq Concepts in the event of
(a) any default by the Customer or
(b) any litigation in regard to the validity and enforceability of this agreement. The Customer will also be liable for any collection or valuation fees incurred.
- The Customer agrees that no indulgences whatsoever by Equilacq Concepts will affect the terms and conditions or any of the rights of Equilacq Concepts and such indulgence shall not constitute a waiver by Equilacq Concepts in respect of any of its rights herein. Under no circumstances will Equilacq Concepts be stopped from exercising any of its rights in terms of these conditions.
17.1. Any document will be deemed duly received by the Customer within
(a) 3 working days of prepaid registered mail to any of the Customer’s business or postal addresses or the domicilium address of the Customer or to the personal address of any director, member or owner of the Customer; or
(b) within 24 hours of being faxed to any of the Customer’s fax numbers or any director, member’s or owner’s fax numbers;
(c) on being delivered by hand to the Customer or any director, member or owner of the Customer;
(d) within 48 hours if sent by overnight courier; or
(e) within 24 hours of being telexed to the Customer’s telex number.
17.2. The Customer chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi the business or personal address as per credit application, purchase order, online order, or such other address agreed upon between Equilacq Concepts and the Customer.
17.3. The Customer undertakes to inform Equilacq Concepts in writing within 7 days of any change of Director, Member, Shareholder or Owner address, or 14 days prior to selling or alienating the Customer business and failure to do so will constitute a material breach of this agreement.
- The Customer agrees to the standard prices of Equilacq Concepts for any goods purchased or services rendered, as published.
- The invalidity of any part of these terms and conditions will not affect the validity of any other part, each clause in this agreement being severable from the rest.
- Any order is subject to cancellation by Equilacq Concepts due to force majeure from any clause beyond the control of Equilacq Concepts, including (without restricting this clause to these instances): inability to secure labour, power, materials or supplies, or by reason of an act of God, war, civil disturbance, riot, state of emergency, strike, lockout, or other labour disputes, fire, flood, drought or legislation.
- If at any time any amount of money due by the Customer to Equilacq Concepts is overdue for payment, Equilacq Concepts shall be entitled to suspend all deliveries to the Customer until all amounts are paid or, at the election of Equilacq Concepts, to cancel all outstanding orders in either of which events the Customer shall have no claim against Equilacq Concepts.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- The signatory warrants that he is the duly authorized representative of the Customer and that he has full capacity, whether legal or otherwise, to enter into any contractual agreement with Equilacq Concepts.
- This Agreement and its interpretation is subject to South African law and the Customer consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts referred to in clause 12.1.